[task #15490] Submission of Causal Runtime for C++

From: Ralph Alexander Bariz
Subject: [task #15490] Submission of Causal Runtime for C++
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 08:13:59 -0500 (EST)

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> Some of files in your tarball are AGPLv3.0-only; this is incompatible with
Savannah hosting requirements.

> Cancelling.

Why is AGPL3-only not ok? The thing is just, I want to review licenses before
upgrading them. That does not mean that it won't get upgraded. The thing is
simply when shit happens and a future version of AGPL allows abuse I don't
want it to apply automatically. For sure I don't expect that, but I also never
expected Greenpeace to get a profit-oriented multibillion coorporation or
GitHub to get Microsofts algorithm harvester platform brain washing and
enslaving big parts of OSS movement. So its basically meant as safety leash
against bad people and their habit to infiltrate organizations which once
where trustworthy. Especially FSF should understand such measures of caution.

As far as I see, FSF is still US based and there fore vulnerable to US
government freaking out(more as they already do).
What happens if US law forces FSF to do stuff they otherwise never would? Like
adding some "national security" or "homeland economy protection" exception to
AGPL >3. Then for sure I would never agree to an upgrade.

Bad people do bad stuff and I don't think it would be wise to try to force
people take the risk.

BR

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15490>

  Message sent via Savannah