[task #15731] Submission of Davis Remmel

From: Davis Remmel
Subject: [task #15731] Submission of Davis Remmel
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 09:51:59 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #13, task #15731 (project administration):

Ineiev,

> So, concretely, please respond specifically citing the sentences of the
Hosting Requirements (https://savannah.nongnu.org/register/requirements.php)
that you feel RCU doesn't adhere to.

You have not done this--please do so.

> I think one more question is relevant: does any noticeable number of people
use that free distro on that tablet?
> this package would essentially support proprietary software

How far are you going to move these goalposts? RCU is the free software that
_allows_ more free software, and also specifically a completely free OS, to
become installed through its Software Pane. I demand impartiality, which is
the reason those Hosting Requirements are posted in the first place.

Directly tell me, with quoted citations and your interpretation of their
context, how I would be violating the Hosting Requirements.

And do also tell me, why are you putting so much significance on what software
runs on the tablet when RCU specifically runs on a PC, even after I have
proven that it doesn't matter because RCU works equally-well with both free
and nonfree software on the tablet and on the PC. The entire thing--the PC,
the tablet, RCU itself--is fully supported with all-free software, and I even
list the compatibility list with free OSes first in-sequence. I have even went
so far to agree to port an "approved" free OS. I don't see how you can object
to this.

Thanks,
Davis

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15731>