[task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 09:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

[comment #5 comment #5:]

> I'm inclined to think that as of now, "Official GNU software" is the
> best choice for guix-i18n, given that Guix itself is "Official GNU
> software" and translations are most often considered part of the same
> project.

Well, a part of an official GNU package isn't necessarily also a GNU package
(in most cases it isn't). for example, we don't want all possible parts of GNU
packages to be listed on https://www.gnu.org/s as GNU packages (that would be
neither feasible nor useful).

> However, if we'd like to add new group types for translations, the
> possible candidates could be "Translations of official GNU software"
> and "Translations of non-GNU software and documentation".
>
> If we are aiming to be more general than just translations, we could
> perhaps do "Extras for official GNU software" and "Extras for non-GNU
> software and documentation"?

"Extras" or "portions" look good to me; I'm not sure we'll need the "non-GNU"
counterpart: likewise, we have no "nongnu translation teams" or "non-GNU user
groups".

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15757>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/