[task #15759] Submission of STUMP

From: Tristan Miller
Subject: [task #15759] Submission of STUMP
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 15:50:17 -0400 (EDT)

Greetinsg.

[comment #5 comment #5:]
> > I don't see how pubring.pgp can be copyrightable. It contains nothing but
PGP public keys, which are cryptographically generated mathematical objects.

> This isn't clear for me.  Besides the bit sequences generated from random
data, it contains at least a number of user IDs.  They sum up to an amount
that may be copyrightable.

I disagree; a mere directory of personal identifiers with an objective
inclusion criteria is not copyrightable, per Feist Publications, Inc., v.
Rural Telephone Service Co., 499 U.S. 340 (1991) in the United States and
similar rulings and laws in other jurisdictions.  Nonetheless, out of an
abundance of caution I have added a README conditionally listing a putative
licence in the event that the work is somehow, somewhere copyrightable.

> > If you want me to do this now, in advance of the Savannah entry being
created, then let me know how I should provide the revised tarball (should I
just attach it to this issue?).

> Yes, this is what I usually ask for.

OK, I am attaching a new tarball.  This one includes documentation (since the
author has confirmed to us its licence) and copyright notices (either in-file
or in READMEs) for the remaining nontrivial files.

(file #49856)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: STUMP.tar.gz                   Size:231 KB
    <https://file.savannah.nongnu.org/file/STUMP.tar.gz?file_id=49856>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15759>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/