[task #16104] Submission of Kissinger 2

From: The fundamentals of fontdevelopm
Subject: [task #16104] Submission of Kissinger 2
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 02:20:09 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #13, task #16104 (project administration):

[comment #12 comment #12:]
> I don't think this makes sense for me; as I've just said, I don't understand
your terms.

You mean you don't understand the license terms?

"The name of <software name> and the names of its contributors may be used to
endorse and/or promote products derived from this software. The contributor
names include <contributors>." refers to the ability to give credit to the
original software while promoting its derivative works (as opposed to the
3-clause BSD license, which does not allow for this), and lists the
contributor names.

"All trademark and patent rights held by <software> are waived, abandoned,
surrendered, licensed and affected by this document." refers to the grant of
trademark and patent rights in addition to copyright.

"This copyright notice and this permission notice do not have to appear in any
copies or derivative works." refers to attribution being optional.

"Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
purpose with or without fee is hereby granted." is what grants the public
domain rights.

"THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH
REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT,
INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM
LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR
OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE." is the warranty disclaimer.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16104>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/