silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] error on using silpa

From: Shrinivasan T
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] error on using silpa
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 17:35:48 +0530

Thanks for the reply.

> Looks like some python module required rendering libraries are
> missing. Its been a while I've not looked into Silpa old code base I
> will look into this and get back to you tonight.
>
> Mean while below are the depndencies needed
>
> Dependencies
> ------------
> pango
> cairo
> python-cairo
> pypdflib
> python-imaging
> python-lxml
> python-beautifulsoup

Installed all already.

> Please let me know if this helps
>
>  There is /tmp/silpa.log created with required informations can you
> please provide that file? By default it will run with debug level so
> it should have recorded cause of error.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1259836/
pasted the /tmp/silpa.log here.

> We are in process of rewriting SILPA using Flask framework so you can
> even look into that but only that all modules are not yet ported.
> https://github.com/copyninja/Silpa-Flask

Is it progress?
I like to contribute.

Which one to choose? the old one or the new flask based one?

If the new one is going to be in active development, add a note in the
silpa.org.in site about the development.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan