silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] error on using silpa

From: Vasudev Kamath
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] error on using silpa
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 20:24:10 +0530

On 17:35 Thu 04 Oct     , Shrinivasan T wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>

> > Looks like some python module required rendering libraries are
> > missing. Its been a while I've not looked into Silpa old code base I
> > will look into this and get back to you tonight.
> >
> > Mean while below are the depndencies needed
> >
> > Dependencies
> > ------------
> > pango
> > cairo
> > python-cairo
> > pypdflib
> > python-imaging
> > python-lxml
> > python-beautifulsoup
> >

> Installed all already.

But your log shows that pypdflib is not installed!

> > Please let me know if this helps
> >
> >  There is /tmp/silpa.log created with required informations can you
> > please provide that file? By default it will run with debug level so
> > it should have recorded cause of error.
>
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/1259836/
> pasted the /tmp/silpa.log here.

pypdflib is not installed hence some modules fail to get
initialised. But I fail to understand why entire system gets
problematic by this! But the apache based instance runs fine even if
there is some error!

@Santhosh probably got to do something with urlrelay but at the moment
its cryptic for me to decode :-)

> > We are in process of rewriting SILPA using Flask framework so you can
> > even look into that but only that all modules are not yet ported.
> > https://github.com/copyninja/Silpa-Flask
>

> Is it progress?
> I like to contribute.
>
> Which one to choose? the old one or the new flask based one?

Better choose new flask based silpa from the link which I gave
before. Thanks for your interest :-)

All notes related to contribute are in the README file of the github
you can start by separating out current modules from silpa into
individual python modules

> If the new one is going to be in active development, add a note in the
> silpa.org.in site about the development.

Yes that is a good idea. I will see when and where I can put a notice
:-). Btw already running instance is at flasksilpa-indic.rhcloud.com
but probably having some bugs

Best Regards
--