silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Improving Transliteration System

From: Yash Sinha
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Improving Transliteration System
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 02:21:00 +0530

Yes, I'll try to write it on wiki. Any other approaches? I'm searching and digging deeper constantly to find something new in this area.

Yash

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Vasudev Kamath <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
<address@hidden> wrote:
> That may not work because there is no single Indian language that can
> represent all sounds of any other Indian language. Some intermediate
> representation I have in mind is IPA or ISO 15919

Santhosh he meant support for Hindi. Current code only Kannada and
Malayalam undergo direct transliteration and all others go through
lang - Malayalam chain

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info