sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] next problem

From: Peter Palfrader
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] next problem
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:38:16 +0200

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Yaron Minsky wrote:

> The -basedir stuff is broken at present.  I think it's been fixed in
> the debian version, but patches have not yet migrated to the mainline.
>  Do the debian packagers have anything to add here?

The 500_debian_fhs patch's goal was not to fix -basedir, it was made to
use sane locations for all the files sks uses.  Logs in /var/log/sks,
config in /etc/sks, pidfiles in /var/run/sks, database in /var/lib/sks,
and spool in /var/spoo/sks.

The daemons are then started with / as their cwd through
start-stop-daemon in the init script.

As a side effect if you want to run the debian build in a single dir,
you have to create the entire directory structure in that dir, or at
least make symlinks to ".".

I do not think that it fixes -basedir.

If you use a xml or dav or whatever capable browser like firefox, then
https://svn.clearairturbulence.org/debian-sks/trunk/sks/debian/patches
will give you an index of the debian patches.
--
Peter