sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] pgp.mit.edu upgraded to SKS

From: Jonathan Oxer
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] pgp.mit.edu upgraded to SKS
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:29:38 +1000

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 18:22 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Jonathon Weiss wrote:
> > In that vein, does anyone know of any remaining PKS servers?

> I know of at least one: pgp.nic.ad.jp.

Looking back through my records I've previously made arrangements to
deliver mailsync updates to:

keyserver.kjsl.com
dbma.keyserver.ca

However when I checked just now the kjsl.com host is returning a blank
page saying "The new server", and the keyserver.ca domain has been
grabbed by a domain dealer. I'm taking them both out of my config now
which means I'm no longer syncing with *any* PKS servers.

> I think we've reached the point that if someone is still running PKS,
> they should either convert to something without the subkey problems,
> or just shut down entirely.

I agree. Even finding an operational PKS server is very hard now so it's
at the point where we can pretty much consider it dead, and if anyone is
still running PKS the onus is on them to chase SKS operators up and
establish connections with the SKS network rather than the other way
around. Critical mass and focus is definitely on SKS now.

Regards,
--
Jonathan Oxer
Ph +61 4 3851 6600