sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] [Resolved] repmgr_set_local_site must be called before r

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] [Resolved] repmgr_set_local_site must be called before repmgr_start
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:38:54 -0500

Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 19.04.2012 18:10, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>> Dear list,
>
>> Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this?
>

> I got around the error by downgrading ocaml to 3.10.2.
>
> Trying to use 3.11.2 (earliest package found in gentoo portage) I
> ended up with same error as listed in [0].
>
> As the data dir is created by fastbuild (which stops if it encounter
> even an empty dir with the KDB or PTree names), creating a DB_CONFIG
> file should probably be done automatically by sks in the build step,
> if that is the issue at hand. or maybe a DB_HOME can be assigned in
> the shell-script (sks_build.sh) to counter the error.
>
> In any case, keys.kfwebs.net is now (or at least, soon will be) back
> up and running on version 1.1.3 using BDB 4.7.

I copy my DB_CONFIG in my personal build script after build, but before clean,
and then after pbuild.

I have not ever used fastbuild myself, so I'm not much help with errors from it.
I also tend to keep Berkeley DB and the Ocaml compilers current

Also, you can upgrade a database to a new version of Berkeley DB without
rebuilding as most upgrades of bdb only require a change to the log file. If I
wish to upgrade sks and bdb from say db51 to db53:

        <shutdown SKS linked with libdb5.1, backup DB dirs>
        cd /var/sks                     # default location
        for DB in KDB PTree
        do
            db51_recover -eh $DB        # feels extra, some Oracle doc recommend
            db51_recover -h  $DB        # run again, this time removing DB env
            db51_checkpoint -1h $DB     # checkpoint with old version
            #
            db53_checkpoint -1h $DB     # checkpoint and convert the log
            db53_recover -eh $DB        # run db_recover and recreate env
            db53_archive -dh $DB        # remove old log files
        done

        <cd to SKS src dir and 'make install' version linked with libdb5.3>
        <restart SKS>

see
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17275_01/html/programmer_reference/upgrade_process.html
as well as release notes for the new version of bdb being installed

I always do the untar, edit Makefile.local and then make dep all{,.bc}
before I do the DB upgrade, then I only have to make install{,.bc}

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
John (@) Enigmail DAWT net            or: John (@) Keyservers DAWT net