sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] disunitedstates.com now available on IPv6

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] disunitedstates.com now available on IPv6
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 13:22:39 -0700

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:42:03AM -0700, David Benfell wrote:

>It appears to be working for me. Please let me know if you're still
>seeing something different:

It's working for me now.

>> Set up those two things and you'll probably start getting traffic
>> on the ipv6 interface.  Make sure to add pool.sks-keyservers.net
>> and *.pool.sks-keyservers.net as ServerAliases (apache speak,
>> varies if you're using a different rproxy mechanism).
>I haven't even found a HOWTO on setting up the proxy that both
>actually works and makes sense to me, so I've never done this. And
>disunitedstates.com is in use for another application on ports 80/443
>anyway. I *could*, however, add a subdomain and allocate one of my
>spare IPv4 addresses to it and tell sks to listen to more addresses.

My advice is to pick a subdomain and do that.  I chose "sks.mrball.net"
for mine.  I used a different IP too, but I don't think that's strictly
required.  It's not a problem setting a different ipv6 ip address since
you likely have a whole /64 to work with.

>What would be nice, if I were to do this, is to have a really nice web
>page to put in front. I know this was discussed before on this list,
>but I haven't found it again, and I'd like to have permission before
>just hauling off with somebody else's creative work. ;-)

The bitbucket peering document is the best one around.  I'll slap my
config up here.  It is currently working to give me 4 green lights.
Adjust the IP's and hostnames to match your situation.

address@hidden ~]# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/sks.conf
Listen 208.89.139.251:11371
Listen 208.89.139.252:11371
Listen [2001:470:d:367::50]:11371
Listen [2001:470:d:367::555]:11371
Listen 208.89.139.251:443
Listen [2001:470:d:367::555]:443

<VirtualHost *:11371>
  ServerName sks.mrball.net
  ServerAlias pool.sks-keyservers.net
  ServerAlias *.pool.sks-keyservers.net
  CustomLog logs/sks_access_log common
  <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Proxy>
  ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:11371/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:11371/
  ProxyVia on
  SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName sks.mrball.net
  ServerAlias pool.sks-keyservers.net
  ServerAlias *.pool.sks-keyservers.net
  CustomLog logs/sks_access_log common
  <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Proxy>
  ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:11371/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:11371/
  ProxyVia on
  SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 208.89.139.251:443>
  ServerName sks.mrball.net
  ServerAlias hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
  CustomLog logs/ssl_sks_access_log common
  SSLEngine on
  SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
  SSLCipherSuite !aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
  SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0

  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/sks_1.key
  SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/sks.mrball.net_keyserver.crt.pem
  SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/sks.mrball.net_keyserver.crt.pem

  <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Proxy>
  ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:11371/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:11371/
  ProxyVia on
  SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost [2001:470:d:367::555]:443>
[...]

- --
Regards...              Todd
Well, it's Karch...   --frequently heard after every amazing move he does
Linux kernel 2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.x86_64   1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00,
0.00