sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Recon Details

From: Thomas Spycher
Subject: [Sks-devel] Recon Details
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:59:31 +0100

I’m the guy asking for Gossiping peers and the message of John Clizbe has bring
me to an other mystery in the GPG World.
I think i do understand the hkp protocol very well. I do understand the idea
behind gossiping as well. The theory about recon i think i do understand, but
what i do not understand is how the reconciliation is actually done! I was
digging trough the sks sourcecode and due to i’m not natively ocaml speaking,
i’m having my problems figuring out how it works.

Can someone explain an recon session? Or giving examples based on a telnet
session?!

I’ve also tried to understand it by using wireshark without success…

thanks a lot :)