sks-devel

[Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com

From: David Benfell
Subject: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 15:06:43 -0700

Hi all,

sks.disunitedstates.com is down and it is taking me much longer
than anticipated to bring it back up.

I have been having severe performance issues on the server in
Munich and am moving to a new, bigger server, closer to home, in
Sebastopol, (Northern) California.

I am also changing operating systems. I noticed that FreeBSD runs
in much less memory and am discovering that its job scheduling is
much more to my taste.

The bad news is that when I try to build the sks database from the
dump from the old system, I get a segmentation fault. I am rebuilding
nearly every piece of software on the system (there were other
issues as well that made an upgrade from 10.0-RELEASE advisable) and
hoping I can make this go away.

If anyone else has encountered this, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks!

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the