sks-devel

[Sks-devel] ams.sks.heypete.com migrating to new facility, changing IP a

From: Pete Stephenson
Subject: [Sks-devel] ams.sks.heypete.com migrating to new facility, changing IP addresses
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:10:38 +0200

Hi all,

My VPS hosting company recently brought a new facility in Amsterdam
online. The new facility has an upgraded backend which allows live
snapshotting, native IPv6, and a bunch of other useful features.

Later today I will be migrating ams.sks.heypete.com to this new
facility. This will entail a period of downtime. When it comes back
online, the system will have new IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

After things are setup, tested, and working, I will update the DNS
records pointing to the server. If I understand things correctly, SKS
should automatically reload the membership file and re-query DNS names
of peers every 6 hours or so, so peering should be reestablished
automatically.

Cheers!
-Pete