sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Something broken?

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Something broken?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 19:55:44 +0100

On 11/11/2016 07:48 PM, Danny Horne wrote:
> On 11/11/2016 8:15 am, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>> On 11/10/2016 07:05 PM, Danny Horne wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Recently I've been seeing my keyserver fall off the list due to 'missing
>>> keys' a lot more often, I've also noticed the 'Max difference' figure on
>>> https://sks-keyservers.net/status/ has been stuck at 300 for a few days
>>> now (maybe longer).  I'm sure this used to change on every hourly check,
>>> and I've seen it go into four figures before now.
>> 300 is the minimum diff used, so it just means the variance in the pool
>> is good enough to be within that.
>>

> Ok, whilst nothing may be 'wrong', I still maintain something has
> changed.  The 'Max difference' used to change on every hourly check, and
> could run into four figures.  Because it's now fixed at 300 more
> keyservers are being removed from the pool (the average number of
> keyservers in the pool was around 100, I've seen it recently drop to the
> low 60's)

of which only 10 are used, so lower variation is a positive and improves
the user experience/expecation.

the calculation is dynamic, so likely a few servers with high lagg of
keys have finally dissapeared, I try to remove this by doing a two-pass
run to exclude the worst from calculation during pass 1

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand