sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Something broken?

From: Valentin Sundermann
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Something broken?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 18:28:51 +0100

Hey,

> Obviously I need to resolve the peer timeout issue but any advice how I
> might speed up the gossip process in general?  I've noticed looking at
> the stats that the new/updated keys seem to come in bursts during a
> window between 1 and 3 am.  I suspect that too could be causing my
> server to drop out of the list until it has a chance to catch up.
I can confirm these issues too. I have a status page with bar charts[1]
on which these peaks are clearly visible. Iirc, the peaks started
something around three months ago (maybe something with the evil32
upload?). There also was a 4-day stop of these peaks with one big peak
at it's ending (2016-10-31 - 2016-11-04).

What's interesting too is, only that there are only peaks for new keys
and not for both, new and updated keys. Do these sync differently?

I couldn't find the time to debug yet. But maybe I this is helpful anyways.

Best regards,
Valentin Sundermann

[1] https://keys.vsund.de/stats/