sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] spodhuis keyserver: ocaml 4.02.3

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] spodhuis keyserver: ocaml 4.02.3
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 18:11:51 -0500

On 2017-01-16 at 18:36 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2017-01-16 at 16:56 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > sks-peer.spodhuis.org (serving clients as sks.spodhuis.org) is currently
> > reporting version 1.1.6+; if it stops reporting "+" then I discovered
> > something broke and reverted.

> >   https://bitbucket.org/philpennock/sks-keyserver-philp/branch/build-cleaner
>   https://bitbucket.org/philpennock/sks-keyserver-philp/branch/opt-long-keyids

Looking today, I saw recon.log showing reconciliation failing because of
DB corruption.  I've done a `db_recover`, which did not report any
failures, and things started back up fine.

Apologies to my peers, hit with a little bit of load as I've caught back
up.

If this recurs, then I'll take it as given that I messed something up in
the OCaml 4.02 warnings silencing; given that recovery does seem to
work, my tentative gameplan will be to take the opt-long-keyids changes
and re-apply them against default branch, without the build-cleaner
changes, then disable the "all warnings are fatal if version has a plus
in it" logic and try running with that code.

If that is stable where current proves to not have been, I'll ask for
that change to be merged in isolation.

(Someone who actually understands OCaml and does more than
 bulk-edit-to-get-past-the-compiler would then need to handle the 4.02
 deprecation warnings.)

> On the SKS keyserver, including the `longkeyid` bool flag in the query
> string will result in the visible display including the 16-character
> format keyid.
>

> https://sks.spodhuis.org/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x4D1E900E14C1CC04&longkeyid=on
>
> Use https://sks.spodhuis.org/ to see this in action: it's in the form as
> an option.