sks-devel

Re: Sks-devel Digest, Vol 188, Issue 1

From: Skip Carter
Subject: Re: Sks-devel Digest, Vol 188, Issue 1
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 14:06:18 -0800

Peter,

I found that guide to be reasonably clear and accurate.  Two things:

1 -- use systemd. That will give you a straightforward way do an
unattended restart to a crashed service (this happens to me once or
twice a day)

2 -- do a "normal build", but afterwards move the dump directory out of
the way. The documentation says after a normal build it is no longer
used, but that is not true. If you don't do this lsof will real
hundreds of open file handles (and who knows what else) wasting system
resources.

--
Dr Everett (Skip) Carter   0xF29BF36844FB7922
address@hidden