sks-devel

Re: shutdown of pgpkeys.co.uk and pgpkeys.uk

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: Re: shutdown of pgpkeys.co.uk and pgpkeys.uk
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 14:40:19 -0400

In all honesty, as much as I would like to restore my own key server and make it available as a public resource I think realistically looking at the SKS software with objective eyes there are flaws that would have to be addressed or the same situation would persist. The manner in which the software operates is being exploited to the point it makes operations much more work than it should be for what it provides. I've recently looked at keys.openpgp.org while publishing my own keys and can definitely see how it can mitigate some of the abuse the SKS software is falling victim to. At this time I'm actually taking a closer look at the Hagrid software that is being used as an alternative to SKS if I decide to reconstitute the keyserver under my domain if the software looks like it will handle my current environment better than SKS can.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 2:29 PM Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <kissg@ssg.ki.iif.hu> wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, Todd Fleisher wrote:

> This service is deprecated. This means it is no longer maintained, and new HKPS certificates will not be issued. Service reliability should not be expected.
>
> Update 2021-06-21: Due to even more GDPR takedown requests, the DNS records for the pool will no longer be provided at all.

Do we establish an other pool with the remaining cca 30 hardcore server?
Same members, same data, same software. New domain.

Gabor