slib-discuss

Re: [Slib-discuss] 'system feature?

From: Aubrey Jaffer
Subject: Re: [Slib-discuss] 'system feature?
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 20:49:03 -0500 (EST)

 | From: Kris De Volder <address@hidden>
 | Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:19:23 -0800
 |
 | Still busy implementing Scheme / Slib.
 |
 | SLib appears to make use of a procedure called "system" which is
 | provided by a feature 'system.
 |
 | I gather that it is a function to execute shell commands, but have
 | found it rather challenging to find out any precise details of what
 | procedures are supposed to be in that feature and exactly what they
 | are supposed to do.

The system feature has only one procedure: system.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/slib_7.html#SEC267
  If (provided? 'system):

  Function: system command-string
      Executes the command-string on the computer and returns the
      integer status code.

http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-96/srfi-96.html indicates that "system"
has the POSIX functionality of the same name, but should have been
explicit about this.  I will add a sentence to the SLIB documentation.