spacehulk-devel

[Spacehulk-devel] Build error on CVS, plus XML levels?

From: Andy Piper
Subject: [Spacehulk-devel] Build error on CVS, plus XML levels?
Date: 26 Jan 2003 18:06:58 +0000

I've just updated my local CVS tree and tried to build it. I'm on RedHat
8.0.

First I have to run aclocal, since the automake version is an old
version.

Then I run automake:
address@hidden spacehulk]$ automake
src/Makefile.am:39: blank line following trailing backslash

This results in a build error when I configure and then attempt to build
spacehulk.

The fix is to remove line 38 from src/Makefile.am:
#nodist_qspacehulk_SOURCES = \

After this, automake works with no errors, and I can build spacehulk
successfully.

I thought I read that the levels were now in XML format? Where are they?
The data in data/levels (the *.lvl files) appear to be binary. I would
like to correct a few things in the level descriptions etc. but can't
find the levels in plain text format to patch.
[... plays further... ]
aha! They are gzipped! This is odd, surely it is better to commit plain
XML files to CVS? Far easier to patch that way. I didn't see this in the
documentation anywhere. Very confusing

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
address@hidden