Hello

From: Ricky Buchanan
Subject: Hello
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:45 2006

> Le jeu 20/11/2003 ? 18:33, Tomas Cerha a ?crit :
> > Ricky Buchanan wrote:
> > > I'm interested in writing a Perl module to give any Perl
> > > programmer access to the Speech Dispacher API.
> > If you want me to create a CVS repository for the Perl interface, we can
> > run it
> > as a separate Free(b)soft project.  We have quite a nice framework for our
> > projects, so that you could make a use of on-line documentation generation
> > system, website, mailing-lists etc.

Not really interested in all that stuff.  I have my own framework worked
out over many years, and I'm used to it.  And due to the
disability/cognitive problems it's a hell of a challenge to use
something different and would probably not allow me to actually do any
Real Work because I'd get caught up grappling with somebody else's
interface.  I hope that doesn't cause problems ...

Easiest for me would just be to email privately with Phil and anybody
else interested in helping - I'll set up address@hidden if
more than 2-3 others become interested but at the moment a mailing list
is overkill I think.  Also I routinely stick all my code up at
http://tertius.net.au/~rb/code/, part of my makefiles for my perl
projects automatically does this when I roll a new distribution, so
there's no work involved as there would be trying to get stuff uploaded
to somebody else's website.

Online documentation system - I have no idea what this means.  Perl
modules are internally documented using a POD syntem, you type
   perldoc <modulename>
and it extracts the documentation from the module and shows it to you in
a slightly formatted way, usually the install process also converts this
to a manpage automatically.  And since it's actually *in* the
sourcefile, it serves as internal documentation too as the

Phil's Free a ?crit :
> Good idea !
> I'm also interested in a Perl interface for Speech Dispatcher.
> I belong to the BigLux project and have written a very basic phonetizer
> in Perl for the french language.

I'm not familiar with BigLux - what is that project?  What parts of this
project are you interested in, and do you have any use for a perl
interface to speechd in mind already, or are you working in the
abstract?

Regards,
Ricky

--