Hello

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Hello
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:45 2006

Ricky Buchanan wrote:
>>>If you want me to create a CVS repository for the Perl interface, we can run
>>>it
>>>as a separate Free(b)soft project.  We have quite a nice framework for our
>>>projects, so that you could make a use of on-line documentation generation
>>>system, website, mailing-lists etc.
>
> Not really interested in all that stuff.  I have my own framework worked
> out over many years, and I'm used to it.  And due to the
> disability/cognitive problems it's a hell of a challenge to use
> something different and would probably not allow me to actually do any
> Real Work because I'd get caught up grappling with somebody else's
> interface.  I hope that doesn't cause problems ...

Our framework is actually designed for impaired people, however I perfectly
understand your reasons.

> Easiest for me would just be to email privately with Phil and anybody
> else interested in helping - I'll set up address@hidden if
> more than 2-3 others become interested but at the moment a mailing list
> is overkill I think.

I'd be definitely interested.  I was going to write a Perl interface myself,
however I haven't done so yet because of lack of time and demand from
outside...  I think I might help.

> Also I routinely stick all my code up at
> http://tertius.net.au/~rb/code/, part of my makefiles for my perl
> projects automatically does this when I roll a new distribution, so
> there's no work involved as there would be trying to get stuff uploaded
> to somebody else's website.

No worries, we will just link it from our website...

> Online documentation system - I have no idea what this means.  Perl
> modules are internally documented using a POD syntem, you type
>    perldoc <modulename>

That's it.  We just keep an on-line html versions of documentation for all our
projects.  It is simply regenerated each time you commit the sources to CVS.
That's all :-)

Best regards, Tomas.