Document about SSIP

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Document about SSIP
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:45 2006

Hi all,

I've finally managed to assemble a document about
the Speech Synthesis Internet Protocol. It's independent
of Speech Dispatcher (it doesn't even refer to it -- which
I don't know if it's a good thing).

It's mostly splitted from speechd.texi, with some
corrections. But some parts are also newly written, especially
in the section Introduction, because I found that the corresponding
parts in speechd.texi are too closely tight to Speech Dispatcher
that I cannot use them in a document that speaks purely of SSIP.

Please comment on it, or even better, make changes directly in
the document.

I'm not sure if the extent of the introduction section is ok
or it's too short for people to understand. I'm also not sure
about the contact adress on the front page. It's address@hidden
(because Brailcom, o.p.s. is stated as the author) but it should probably
be something other.

It doesn't build automatically, because I'm not sure about its status
in the Info directory. But you can easily generate a PDF through
        texi2pdf ssip.texi
in speechd/doc in the source tree or info by:
        makeinfo ssip.texi

Best Regards,
Hynek Hanke