more questions as usual

From: Kirk Reiser
Subject: more questions as usual
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:46 2006

Hello everyone again:  I have been reading through the various
documents trying to gain a better understanding of how speech
dispatcher works.  There has been a couple things I haven't found
answers for.  The answers may be there but they've escaped me so far.
Is there a way to change from one synthesizer module to another under
the C API?  I thought it might be useful to be able to change synths
on the fly like it was suggested for various languages.  Also there is
some mention of work being done on a volume setting function so I
wondered what the status on that might be?  There is another function
mentioned in the indices spd_commandline() which I cannot find any
mention of in the main portion of the documentation though.  I am
willing to try my hand at writing the synth switching and volume
functions at some point if they don't already exist.

Are there any plans of including the speechd-up module in the debian
speech-dispatcher file or would people prefer to have it made as a
separate debian package?

And, last but certainly not least, is there any interest for me to do
some English fixes on the speech dispatcher documentation when I get
the time and am reading through them.  There are quite a few spelling
mistakes and the sentence structure could be better in places.  In
general though it is very good.

  Kirk

--

Kirk Reiser                             The Computer Braille Facility
e-mail: address@hidden          University of Western Ontario