speechd modules

From: Jacob Schmude
Subject: speechd modules
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:47 2006

Hi
        I've got software dectalk working with speech dispatcher. The approach
I've taken is to utilize the generic
module to call DECTalk's say command, with appropriate parameters for pitch,
rate, and voice. Generally, I find this to
work quite well, but a native C module would no doubt be better. However, I
just don't have the time to do it at the
moment, and programming for dectalk isn't the easiest thing in the world,
especially for a beginner programmer like
myself. I took the generic approach because I really needed good software
speech rather quickly. I believe there's
someone on the speakup list working on a Cepstral module as well, though I
can't remember who it is at the moment.