stderr?

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: stderr?
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:49 2006

    GC> Also, I could use some tips on the best way to work on Speech
    GC> Dispatcher code.  ATM, I have to install as root each time I
    GC> make a change, i.e., "make install".  How should I set up my
    GC> environment so I don't have to do that?

Provide suitable prefix and pidpath to configure, e.g.:

  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/tmp/speech-dispatcher pidpath=$HOME/tmp

Then you can install and run Speech Dispatcher as a non-root user,
provided the user has appropriate access permissions to the audio
hardware.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
The seeker after truth should be humbler than the dust.  The world crushes the
dust under its feet, but the seeker after truth should so humble himself that