Speech-dispatcher initialization

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Speech-dispatcher initialization
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:50 2006

Hi,

We try to start speech-dispatcher again (v 0.5).
The installation of the whole system was completely
rebuilt avoiding problems with multiple installations
of speech-dispatcher.

It now works but partially.

We set festival as default module and as module for
english and french and used the speechd-el client
in conjunction with emacs as client.

The first think I noticed and which seemms to me
to be unusual, is that when we switch to the
french language inside emacs, a second sd_festival
is created. On another installation where I usually
run speech-dispatcher there is always only one
sd_festival.

The two sd_festival can live together a few
moment but one of them soon dies and then there no
longer sound.

I enabled the debug mode in the festival.conf file
and got a debug file which seems to be suspicious.

Here is this file is it normal ?

Best regards

Pierre