prblem with w3

From: mooncar
Subject: prblem with w3
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:51 2006

Hello,
I've a problem with w3...
I have installed w3 from tarball. If I run ./configure without options, the
Makefile is
[....]
prefix  = /usr
datadir = ${prefix}/share
lispdir = $(prefix)/share/xemacs/site-lisp
infodir = ${prefix}/info
[...]
and w3 is installed in /usr/share/xemacs/site-lisp, then I can use it from
xemacs, but not from emacs. If i run ./configure
--lispdir=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp, when I type M-x load-library RET
w3, I have:
file /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3.elc was not compiled in emacs. How can
I resolve??

thank you!