question about speech dispatcher

From: mooncar
Subject: question about speech dispatcher
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:51 2006

Hi to all!
I have on my pc speech dispatcher, with festival and speechd-el for emacs. It
works well, and I have italian language too. But I have some questions:

1)if I turn on my pc, I run festival --server, then speech-dispatcher, then
emacs, it's ok, because festival server accept the connection from speech
dispatcher. If I log off, and then I log on, but I don't restart linux, when I
start Speech-dispatcher I have:
>Speech-dispatcher already running
so speech dispatcher don't communicate with festival --server (there is non
connection between them). Must I restart my pc every time? Is there one way for
restart speech dispatcher, without restart linux?

2) I must start speech-dispatcher from root. Can I use speech dispatcher from
simple user? I don't want tell the root password whoever...

thank you!