question about speech dispatcher

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: question about speech dispatcher
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:51 2006

>Must I restart my pc every time? Is there one way for restart speech
>dispatcher,
>without restart linux?

Hi Veronica,

sure there is a way. You just kill speech-dispatcher (or send it a
SIGTERM) signal and then run it again.

Like this
        killall speech-dispatcher
        speech-dispatcher

When you start speech-dispatcher, it runs in the background, so you
can't start a new one (it complains that one is already running).

> 2) I must start speech-dispatcher from root. Can I use speech dispatcher
> from simple user? I don't want tell the root password whoever...

Yes, you can do that. But I think a better approach would be to start
Festival and Speech Dispatcher automatically as system services so that
you don't have to care about this at all. The exact steps to do this are
distribution specific.

Have a nice day,
Hynek Hanke