shell under emacs

From: mooncar
Subject: shell under emacs
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:52 2006

Hi!
I have installed emacs with speech support,now it works well,but the boy
who is using that tells me he needs to use the command M-x shell, in emacs.
Is it possible to recall the commands that he have just issued,
like in the linux shell out of emacs?now he must re-type the commands...
I have tryied to find a solution but I don't use that program-I only
installed and tryied if it's working- so if someone can help...
thanks in advance,
veronica