eSpeak and Speech Dispatcher

From: Hemant Goyal
Subject: eSpeak and Speech Dispatcher
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:32:54 +0530

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions regarding eSpeak 1.30 and speech-dispatcher 0.6.5

I downloaded the tar file for v 0.6.5 and have installed dotconf library.
Yet when i run ./configure I keep getting this error :

checking for main in -ldotconf... no
*** Required DotConf library missing! See INSTALL .

Also when I try to run 'make' I get :

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Installing from the old rpm was no trouble at all although.

I have been getting this error for quite some time, so thats why I decided
to use the older rpm that I found on the Internet.

Clueless about the above issues, any pointers would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Hemant