[pygtk] Pygtk does not play nicely with speech-dispatcher

From: Dave Aitel
Subject: [pygtk] Pygtk does not play nicely with speech-dispatcher
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:23:30 -0400

I still highly recommend a slight redesign to use some sort of queue to
pull events off of for this sort of thing. This is especially true if
you ever want to port to Windows, but is good practice with pyGTK in my
experience either way.

Just as a quick example:
http://www.daa.com.au/pipermail/pygtk/2005-April/010059.html

- -dave

James Simmons wrote:
| Michael,
|
| Thanks for the tip!  It was a big help.  I put gtk.gdk.threads_init()
in the __init__ method of my program and I did get callbacks.  It looks
like I didn't get callbacks for every word, but Pygtk seems to not be
the problem anymore.  Thanks again,