Issues with Speech-Dispatcher

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Issues with Speech-Dispatcher
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:55:58 +0200

Robert Spangler wrote:
>  I find that, with Voxin, I am unable to get Orca to read punctuation at
> all and Speech-Dispatcher does not honor the punctuation setting;

Has anyone else ever experienced this with IBMTTS and Orca?  If Orca
works fine with espeak, the problem is probably not in Orca, but you
also say that speechd-up reads punctuation well with IBMTTS, so I wonder
what is wrong here.  It would be nice to get the log of SSIP
communication between Orca and Speech Dispatcher.  This should be
relatively easy with spd-conf utility (wich comes with SD 0.6.7).

> Another problem, however, is that ESpeak has an echo to its voice whenever
> reading punctuation.  How can I remedy this as it is very annoying.

Strange, what sound system do you use?  ALSA or PulseAudio?

Best regards, Tomas