Speech Dispatcher error message

From: Anthony Sales
Subject: Speech Dispatcher error message
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:50:37 -0000

I am now trying to start speech-dispatcher after login rather than before
using init.d and using the session manager to start it once pulse-audio is
running. However I get the following error message: Can't create pid file in
/var/run/speech-dispatcher/speech-dispatcher.pid, wrong permissions? I tried
changing the permissions of var, but no luck (and warning message about
permissions) Do I have to add add speech-dispatcher to a group or something?

your in confusion drbongo
Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above
named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must
take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please

Security Warning: Please note that e-mail has been created in the knowledge
that the Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communication medium. We advise
that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advised that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.