espeak and capitl letters?

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: espeak and capitl letters?
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 22:31:51 +0100

Jacob Schmude napsal(a):
> In that case, it strikes me that this should be configurable within Orca
> and other clients rather than just being forced to none. Anyone else
> agree?

Since Orca provides its own mechanism to announce capital letters, any
other mechanism on the side of the speech system would be redundant.
Thus I don't see much reasons to make this configurable.  The situation
would be quite different if Orca allowed turning off its internal
mechanism (pitch change) in favor of one of the modes supported by the
speech system.  That would make more sense, but would be a little harder
to implement.

We can think of it in two steps:
  1. Fix the current redundancy (a bug).
  2. Allow configurable capital letter recognition mode (new feature).

What I suggested was just the first step.  The second step is a good
idea as well, but the priority seems to be lower to me.

Best regards, Tomas