Comments on the Text to Speech "algorithm"

From: A
Subject: Comments on the Text to Speech "algorithm"
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:21:03 +0200

Let alone mp3 is a bad choice but why should file access be so bad? If
windows file system can't keep up, then some way to bundle the files
in a single (or few) data structure should do the trick. And if the
speech engine starts playing the file as soon as there are enough bits
to do so instead of reading the whole first.
I think it's more a problem of latency optimizations rather than
anything else on the current dual and multicore CPUs.