More on the ibmtts module trouble

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: More on the ibmtts module trouble
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:18:03 +0100

On 8.12.2010 13:50, Michael Whapples wrote:
> A little further digging around on reproducing this bug actually
> reveals that for some reason my python code is not using the TEXT
> priority level.

I do not have an explanation for this except that you could
have DefaultPriority set in your speechd.conf to something else.

> I will need to try and work this out or may be you might know the
> reason (eg. might another python application such as orca affect the
> priority level).

Also note that the old deprecated Client.say() method uses
priority MESSAGE by default and we keep it for backward
compatibility, so it is important to make sure you are using
the correct SSIPClient.speak() .

If neither of these is the reason, it would be useful to try to
find out what happens. Pririties should not be affected
by other connections/applications.

> Anyway by explicitly setting the priority level before running the two
> speak commands I mention reveals that this bug stands for priority
> IMPORTANT, ibmtts does not say the second message, so this means the
> ibmtts module is deviating from the documented behaviour.

Yes, that would be a bug.

> Can you reproduce this bug now? Would you appreciate the ibmtts module
> logging output?

I personally can't reproduce ibmtts :-) but if you send logging
output from the module, we should be able to understand
something more.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke