rfc: indenting and coding style

From: Bohdan R . Rau
Subject: rfc: indenting and coding style
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:13:12 +0100

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:23:00 +0100, Hynek Hanke <hanke at brailcom.org>
wrote:
[...]
> 3. Goto statements should not be used unless in very special cases.

Remove this point or at last precise "very special case".
This is not discussion forum for beginners and I think everyone here has
some experience with programming. If I (programmer) decide to use goto it
means I know what I do, I can explain why goto and not other construction,
but I simply don't have the time or desire to discuss about "here should be
dozen support/auxiliary variables" nor "this fragment could be repeated
dozen times".

For the future: the same for #ifdef :)

I can agree with rest (BTW. do you know how to configure Geany for this
style of coding?)

ethanak
--
http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!