libspeechd SPDVoice cleanup api

From: Bohdan R . Rau
Subject: libspeechd SPDVoice cleanup api
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:56:05 +0200

W dniu 2014-10-24 07:52, Trevor Saunders napisa?(a):
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:29:28PM -0600, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> The current libspeechd has api to get a list of voices for the
>> synthesizer, but no api to safely clean up the data. The attached
>> patch adds a new method free_spd_voices to do that. It iterates over
>> the SPDVoice ** list freeing the strdup'ed strings and the SPDVoice
>> structures themselves.
>
> makes sense.

Not for me. In this case we'll have several methods for freeing
different lists (modules, voices, synthesis-voices etc.)
Why it's not possible to return these lists from spd_list_something
functions as single memory block?
In this case we could have only one spd_free(void *) function (or even
we could say 'result should be freed with "free").

ethanak
--
http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!