git.mk

From: Jeremy Whiting
Subject: git.mk
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 09:07:52 -0600

Luke,

I'm not sure if I've sent a patch like this before or not. It just
replaces .gitignore with git.mk which generates .gitignore from the
DISTFILES and other automake variables. It seems to work well here and
helps us keep the variables set correctly in the Makefile.am files.

This is for the wip/gsettings-migration branch but I could redo it for
master if you think that would be better since it's not really
associated with the gsettings change.

On the other hand if you'd rather not use this that's fine with me, I
can continue updating .gitignore as needed instead.

thanks,
Jeremy