RE: how to make Festival czech voice machac to run in archLinux

From: Mgr. Janusz Chmiel
Subject: RE: how to make Festival czech voice machac to run in archLinux
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 20:44:35 +0200

When using spd-conf and when I choose festival as synthesizer and cs as
language, I AM getting The following error when spd-say is being used to
test.

Testing Speech Dispatcher using spd_say

 SIOD ERROR: could not open file czech-unisyn.scm

 closing a file left open:
/usr/share/festival/voices/czech/czech_machac/festvox/
 czech_machac.scm

 SIOD: unknown voice czech_machac

 Did you hear the message about Speech Dispatcher working? [yes] :

 >SIOD ERROR: could not open file czech-unisyn.scm

 closing a file left open:
/usr/share/festival/voices/czech/czech_machac/festvox/
 czech_machac.scm

 SIOD: unknown voice czech_machac

 SIOD ERROR: could not open file czech-unisyn.scm

 closing a file left open:
/usr/share/festival/voices/czech/czech_machac/festvox/
 czech_machac.scm

 SIOD: unknown voice czech_machac

 SIOD ERROR: could not open file czech-unisyn.scm

 closing a file left open:
/usr/share/festival/voices/czech/czech_machac/festvox/
 czech_machac.scm

 SIOD: unknown voice czech_machac

 SIOD ERROR: could not open file czech-unisyn.scm

 closing a file left open:
/usr/share/festival/voices/czech/czech_machac/festvox/
 czech_machac.scm

 SIOD: unknown voice czech_machac
But English installed voice from Aur repo work perfectly.