straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] integrated jamesh's patches for less dependencies

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] integrated jamesh's patches for less dependencies
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:37:43 +0300

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 12:05, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 01:55, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> > I'll update the web page once we get 0.20 out of the door (and no, I
> > won't release it quite yet, I will try to do the memory usage reduction
> > thing before release, and there are a few other things that need work.)
>
> :) Uhmm.. what things?

At least the dragging of URLs needs a sanity check, I want to know why
dragging a link from a browser doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it should.

Another thing is the timer thingy at the bottom of the window - you have
noticed it doesn't update, haven't you? :-) How's about adding a timer
to keep it up to date? I think it could be changed to show only minutes,
btw.

One thing I tried to fix was getting a bit of horizontal space between
the text in the status area and the edge of the window - I think it
looks pretty stupid that there's absolutely no padding. However, adding
padding moves the edge of the status area box too, which looks equally
silly. Maybe we should just do a bit of code that added a bit of space
before showing the text. How do other apps handle this? Glade has zero
space too, but at least Galeon has about one em space (well, looks like
one em on this font) - dunno if that's a status area widget, though.

> Can you release 0.19.2 soon? It fixes entity converting and 'straw not
> quitting properly' bugs.

Can't do it this weekend, I'm going to be in Lisbon from tomorrow
morning to late sunday evening, and don't really have time tonight - are
you able to do it? Or does Savannah want an admin to update the file
area or something?

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]