straw-devel

[Straw-devel] integrated jamesh's patches for less dependencies

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] integrated jamesh's patches for less dependencies
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:55:31 +0300

Hey, James Henstridge sent me a patch to reduce the number of
dependencies, and now I've finally committed all of it - now we no
longer depend on PyXML (turns out the normal XML libs shipped with
Python provide all we need, just have to use a different superclass
name) and ADNS is now optional (the UI will freeze for the duration of
name lookups if you don't have ADNS, but because we cache names you can
probably live with it - and it'll work out of the box with ADNS present
or missing, it just checks for its presence when starting up.)

I'll update the web page once we get 0.20 out of the door (and no, I
won't release it quite yet, I will try to do the memory usage reduction
thing before release, and there are a few other things that need work.)

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]