straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] 0.20 fails on startup

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] 0.20 fails on startup
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 14:58:31 +1100

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 02:26, J. Gardner Biggs wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please install gconf as settings are stored there.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> GConf-2.0.4.1 is installed to /usr/local, if there is another package
> called gconf, please let me know where I could get its source.
>
> Is the gconf you are referring to the python bindings for GConf?

Yep, it's included in gnome-python (or whatever's the name of the python
bindings for the GNOME libraries in your distro).

> 0.19.2 works fine on my system.

It's only in 0.20 that we migrated the settings to gconf so anything
before that should work fine with or without gconf.

HTH.

--
  .''`.   Jan Alonzo    <jmalonzo at spaceants dot org>
 : :' :         "A coincidence is a scientific anomaly"