Re: [STUMP] cmucl 18d, clx, stumpwm cvs

From: Harold Sargeant
Subject: Re: [STUMP] cmucl 18d, clx, stumpwm cvs
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:26:39 +0100

Jay Belanger writes:

>The problem is that X wasn't running when I tried to start
>StumpWM.  What I did (which I don't think is the standard
>thing to do) is to have a simple shell script to start
>StumpWM, and then call it from .xinitrc.  So my .xinitrc
>looks like
>
>--begin .xinitrc--
>rxvt &
>startstumpwm
>--end .xinitrc----

If you use
xterm -e startstumpwm

or as I do using xdm under Debian
exec xterm -e startstumpwm &
in .xsession

you will be able to stop stumpwm, make changes (within lisp) and then restart it
again without leaving X.

>(I need to have the rxvt terminal running, I'm not sure how to start a
>new program in stumpwm without it)

Temporarily I use xbindkeys and ratmenu - previously set up for
ratpoison.

>--begin stump.lisp---
>;;; Load everything
>(require 'clx)
>(load "/home/belanger/.stump/stumpwm.lisp")
>(load "/home/belanger/.stump/stumpwm-input.lisp")
>(load "/home/belanger/.stump/stumpwm-user.lisp")
>
>;;; Customizations
>
>;;; Get it started
>(stumpwm:stumpwm "" :display 0)
>--end stump.lisp-----

I run Debian Unstable with CMUCL 18e-7 and I need to load stumpwm-user
before stumpwm-input for it to run.

Like it a lot. Thanks Shawn.

--
Harold Sargeant