Re: [SPAM] [STUMP] Temporally replacing stumpwm with another window mana

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [SPAM] [STUMP] Temporally replacing stumpwm with another window manager
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:03:34 -0800

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> sometimes, when I have to use programs that use multiple windows like
> GIMP, I don't like the tiling approach to manage windows. So it would be
> convenient to switch to twm for some minutes.
>
> Of course I don't want to lose the current windows while switching to
> twm or back to StumpWM. Is this possible?

ratpoison's tmpwm command hasn't been recreated in stumpwm yet. If any
one wants to take a stab at it, feel free :).

In the meantime you could setup a loop in your .xinitrc that cycles
through a few window managers and then back to stumpwm. Of course, you
lose all the groups and realtime hacks you may have done to stumpwm.

-Shawn