[STUMP] vsplit and hsplit not working with emacs 22

From: Emre Sahin
Subject: [STUMP] vsplit and hsplit not working with emacs 22
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:47:29 +0300

Hello,

I just switched from Ratpoison. When I run Emacs 22 (either from a
terminal with "emacs -q", "emacs" or from WM with C-t e), it doesn't
behave with splits and instead works as if it is the background. When
I hit C-t s or C-t S, "Current Frame" is shown as it should be, but
Emacs is not resized to fit in new frame. It stays full screen. When I
try to switch other frames with C-t Tab, it does, but when Tab brings
focus to Emacs, it is shown again in full screen.

Other applications like browser and terminal are fit into new
frames. I also tried with Emacs 21 which works as should be.

My Emacs version is "GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,
Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2008-07-25 on raven, modified by Debian"

I'm using StumpWM version 20080721 available in Debian Testing. When I
removed .stumpwmrc from ~, problem also recurred. I'm running the wm
from ~/.xsession with a single line reading. stumpwm.

Thanks,

E.

--
I. Emre Sahin                   @ Ankara, Turkey